Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What I didn't realize before these 9 weeks

Before these 9 weeks with Jonah, I didn't realize that having the right burp cloths doesn't make me a better mother.

I didn't realize that a preferred pacifier wasn't just a cute baby idiosyncrasy...it's more of a turn-the-car-around-and-go-back-home-because-oh-my-lanta-we-grabbed-the-wrong-pacifier-why-do-we-have-any-at-all-that-aren't-the-right-pacifier-oh-dude-walking-your-dog-you'd-better-get-out-of-the-street-stat kind of idiosyncrasy. 

I didn't realize I had room to become even more paranoid about home security.

I didn't realize walking would be considered exercise for me before the age of 80.

I didn't realize I'd feel just as proud of myself for vacuuming the downstairs AND the stairs in the same day as I did for completing grad school.

I didn't realize how effectively chubby legs could make my heart go pitter patter.

I didn't realize that a 9 week old could find certain things like Dad doing jumping jacks absolutely hilarious.

I didn't realize a 9 week old could need a hairbrush.

I didn't realize that anyone could like my singing.

I didn't realize how fast we'd go through sizes of clothes and diapers.

I didn't realize how much I can accomplish with my left hand.  It's really very useful.  And to think...it's been there all this time...

I didn't realize how much God loves his creation.  Nor how little I understand his geniusness in making it.

We love you Jonah.  Happy 9 weeks!  You're a whole grading period old!






No comments:

Post a Comment