1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Cleaned someone else's poop off my clothes. Talk about someone else's poop. Several things involving poop.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2013 resolutions were survival in nature: 1. Stay alive 2. Stay married and 3. Stay employed. Barely made it, but yes. I did it.
My 2014 resolution is to not make any resolutions and just live life. That's actually a resolution. And now look. I've already failed.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I'm gonna go with yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None, but bringing home a newborn felt pretty foreign.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A car with all four hubcaps.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 28 (obviously - Jonah's birthday) and December 31st - because that's the first day my little baby came back inside from the park smelling like a little boy.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Carrying and pushing out a human baby.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting stressed about poop spraying through the nursery instead of laughing it off. I did laugh the first time. It wasn't nearly as funny on subsequent occasions .
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just 9 months of throwing up. That's it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Blue bell ice cream company.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Seeing our baby do a backflip on his ultrasound.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"Wake Him Up and Call Him JoJo." If you haven't heard it, it sounds like "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go."
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Immensely happier
– thinner or fatter? Immensely fatter
– richer or poorer? Immensely poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Colored. I need more coloring in my life.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
First round was in Boerne. We opened presents at our house then ate at Rosario's in San Antonio. That is my new comfort food! Yum! Then we trekked to Tulsa for round two!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
We don't have cable, but I enjoyed watching Madmen with Howard on Netflix. We poured two fingers of cream soda for every episode and swirled it around like scotch.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Sparkly Green Earrings. Rookie Dad. A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
The Album Leaf. It got me through labor.
22. What was your favorite film of the year?
The one they gave me of my 3D ultrasound with Jo.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Howard and I went to Welfare Cafe for my 29th. We were serenaded by lightning bugs and little kids, I was stable enough to eat, and we just had the best time.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
7.3 million dollars.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Large and elastic
26. What kept you sane?
Disposable crock pot liners.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
They make disposable crock pot liners.