Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top 2 Tuesday: Springtime!

I know I know...Fall is this magical time of year for most of you.  Probably all of you.  It's just not for me.  Believe me, I try.  I go to the pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins for the porch.  I put out our fall leafy plates.  I drink all the drinks...pumpkin spice latte and Carmel apple cider.  I eat the foods...chili and chicken pot pie and anything and everything mixed with a can of Libby's pumpkin pie filling.  (Gag.) I even wear scarves and boots and use words like 'autumnal.'  It just doesn't do it for me.  It doesn't help that I HATE Halloween.  I mean I hate it.  I saw Halloween cards in Target the other day.  Please no one ever anywhere send me a Happy Halloween card.  

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm simply a springtime girl and I miss it terribly!  (I've heard you like the season in which your birthday falls - is that true for you too?) So today I'm getting out of the fall pits by thinking about Spring!!  I just love it.  Here are my top 2 reasons why:

1.  EASTER!!  Easter is hands down my favorite holiday.  I love the meaning, I love the traditions, I love the colors and decorations, I love the food.  Brunch is my favorite meal and I feel like Easter is the only time it really gets to shine.  Eggs Benedict, little ham sandwiches with jelly on homemade rolls, mimosas, quiche, great coffee, sigh.  It's just the best.  

2.  The weather!!  Green grass, flowers starting to bloom, sun shining and just the right temperature to make dresses the perfect thing to wear.  And HATS.  Whatever happened to hats??  We need to bring hats back.

Springtime, I'm comin' for ya!!  In the meantime, let's enjoy the best part of fall:



Sigh.  I'm so in love.  Even when he pees on people we visit.  At their workplace.  Wearing a white shirt.  Not that he did that yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment