Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top 2 Tuesday: Mommy Must Haves


 When I was little my parents would ask me to count backwards from 10.  I'd turn around and say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.  I maintain to this day I knew exactly what I was doing.  I was simply preparing to marry a philosopher!  (And no, Dad, this did not take place 'last year').  

So in the spirit of counting down, I'll try a new tradition here at The Joy:  Top 2 Tuesday!  Why only 2?  Because that's what I have time for.  Because it sounds cute.  Because it's my blog not yours.

Today's top 2 are my current favorite mommy must haves!  Obviously I'd like to list Howard and Jesus as my top 2, but those are a given. Actually the baby is probably the number one mommy must have, cause he makes you the mommy... but let's not wax too philosophical today. 

Drumroll please...

#2 mommy must have:


Tazo chai tea latte.  No, you don't have to be a mommy to use this highly addicting stuff, but when you're holed up in your house and can't get to Starbucks, this magic potion does the trick!  You just mix half this and half milk and microwave.  DELISH.  And it comes in decaf for you nursing mamas!!

One more drumroll...

#1 mommy must have:
The angel care video / movement / sound monitor.  Oh how I love this thing.  My friend Krystal told me about it and I'm so glad she did!  Nonni bought it for us and we use it ALL the time.  It monitors baby's breathing and an alarm goes off if he stops.  The video is crisp and bright and streams during nighttime darkness too.  There's sound and it even has a two way option if you want to say something to baby.  The screen display shows temperature in the baby's room as well.  It just brings such peace of mind.  And I love that I can see baby moving and waking up before we reach full on screaming mode.  We'll use this for a long time - even in toddler years because it will let us know if Jonah leaves his bed!  Heck...we'll use that feature till he's 18.  

We are all about Big Brother here.




No comments:

Post a Comment