Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top 2 Tuesday: Books!


When your baby does nothing much else but eat, there's a lot of time to read.  Sometimes I'm too doggone tired, but usually I can get through a couple of chapters on my phone.  Let me just take a second to say how much I LOVE my phone.  I don't know how cave women did without an iPhone.  Or people in the 1990s. It's amazing anyone is here today at all.

OK, so right now I'm reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.  The C.S. stands for Clive Staples.  I would have used my initials too.


This book is so delicious.  The setup is a correspondence between a senior devil and a junior devil, but the real stage is one which Lewis uses to reveal his insight into Man...what makes us stronger or weaker spiritually, where our faulty thinking and spiritual blind spots lie, and generally how we are designed - what we are purposed to become and where we can be led astray from that.  It's simply amazing.  It's an easy read for so much profundity.  That's just Lewis for ya.

This summer I read Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle.  
What an adorable tale.  This mommy blogger turned author is hysterical and real.  This is a true can't put-it-downer.  I've already read it but keep going back for snippets.  It's just that good.

I hope you enjoy these current top 2 faves!  Feel free to share what you're reading in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment