Monday, September 23, 2013

First tear ;(

Jonah shed his first tear last night.  It was the saddest thing.  It just sat there on his right cheek like a little signal to us saying "I'm in the world now.  I'm here.  I'm doing this."  I didn't get a picture of it because his daddy wiped it away, a moment I love more than a photo.

In most ways, in fact all the ones that aren't selfish, I think that Elijah has it better than Jonah.  Eli is safe and happy.  He never knew and never will know pain.  He doesn't have to go through this earthly obstacle course to meet his maker.  He's already with him.

Jonah will shed more tears and feel more pain.  I already hurt for him for what this world will put him through.  And I pray that no obstacle entangles him so much that his reasoning weakens.  As long as he is a good thinker, I am confident he will land at Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment