Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Girls night!!

After 11 weeks (he's 11 today - WOW) of caring for Jo and a day of hosting said 11 weeker, a 5 monther, and a 1, 2, and 4 year old, it was time for Mommy to get a little break.

Here I am getting ready.  Can you tell I'm excited?


In case you didn't get that, it's:

At that point in the evening I had already had a blast,  and I hadn't even left my bathroom yet.

Here's the snack I made for girls night:


Bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates.  YUM.  They almost didn't make it to the party they're so good.  These go great with red wine.  Here's the recipe:

1 pound pitted dates
4 oz blue cheese 
1 pound bacon, cut into fourths
Toothpicks 

1.  Preheat oven to 376.3*.  Slice open dates and stuff with pinched off pieces of blue cheese.  
2.  Reclose dates, wrap all except 2 with bacon, and seal with toothpick.
3.  Eat the 2 you didn't wrap with bacon.
4.  Place the dates on their side on a cookie sheet with sides to catch any grease.  
5. Bake for 20 min, then flip all the dates to the other side and bake another 20.

Enjoy!

Back to the girls night - so I did end up actually leaving to go somewhere.  We had a painting party!  It was so much fun and the painting was such a nice relaxing thing to do.  I loved it!  Here we are with our creations:


We just loved seeing the differences in everyone's work.  Here's my creation for Papa and Jo - they loved it!


I had so much fun and Jo and Papa did great, but I was happy to see my boys again.  I especially missed Jo's hair.





No comments:

Post a Comment