Monday, February 10, 2014

So much fun!

I got to meet Melanie Shankle today!!  It was such a delight.  She was the speaker at our local MOPS group.  I'd never been but had to go when a friend told me she'd be the speaker.  I In case you're new here, I'm a bit obsessed with her most recent book, The Antelope in the Living Room.  It's on marriage, and what a word it is!  I think Melanie is such a refreshing voice in our culture of comparison.  Her talk was hilarious and profound (love love love that combo) and she was so nice.

Doesn't Jonah looked thrilled in that pic?  Maybe he was a little overwhelmed by all the estrogen in the room.  He always lights up with Howard gets home at the end of the school day, but he was particularly giddy tonight to have a man around.  Like hysterical giddy.  Nonetheless, he behaved very well at MOPS!  I think when I'm expecting him to cause a scene he doesn't.  And when I don't expect it at all...he inevitably pees on someone.

He also got to have some guy time with Gill last week!  The rest of this post is brought to you by Gill's Mommy (a.k.a. Emilie).  She sent me the cutest pics with captions and all.  Enjoy!

Gill & Jonah's First Play Date!
Wednesday, Feb. 5th, 2014



"Wait, Gill! I need to tell you something!"



"Easy on my onesie, JoJo!"



"Wait! Who's taking pictures of us?"



G- "that's my momma!"
J- "ohhhh, I was hoping it was mine."



"Let's roll the ball, Jonah!"



"Heeehaaa...I can't reach it!"



"There ya go- I help you!"



"K! Enough ball. I'm ready for the park!"



"Wheeee! This is fun!"



"What a day! Let's play again soon!"

(Emilie wrote the captions, but I think for this last one Gill is really saying, "Mom, it's time we have an intervention for Jonah and his eating.  It's gotten out of control and it has to stop.  Look at him.  He can't even sit up.")

No comments:

Post a Comment