Friday, February 28, 2014

6 months old!

Happy half birthday to Jonah!!!!! 

This morning when Jonah woke up I entered his room singing the first syllable of every word to Happy Birthday.  His face said, "OK I like this.  It's weird.  I'm not sure what's going on, but let's go with it.  I like it."  Cracked me up.



When Jonah was a newborn I thought it would feel so weird when he got to be this age...and that it would be a bad weird.  But it's not.  We sort of grow together, and we're always both ready for the next stage when it comes.




LIKE CRAWLING.


This is good because he has been pulling the blanket to get the toy (eh hem or remote that he somehow got down from the ottoman) to him instead of scooting over to it!  Clever little fella!  That's a hint of a philosophical mind to me.

Or maybe he's just resourceful.  

(Like Alexander the Great cutting the Gregorian knot that no one else could undo.)

(Yes, I just compared my child to Alexander the Great.)

(No, there are no Alexandrian complexes here and I have an extremely accurate and balanced view of my child.  Why do you ask?)

Oh my goodness he is scootin' and movin' all of a sudden today.  All 20 lbs (90th percentile) and 27.5 inches (95th percentile) of himself, including his 95th percentile head.



Just call me a one woman food truck, thank you very much.  

I'm bowing, in case you can't see.

When I was growing up my family celebrated half birthdays with a small gift, choice of dinner, and we all said one nice thing about the person having the half birthday.  So I decided to continue this tradition by creating a Half Birthday Book for Jonah where we'll record all our family members' affirmations to him over the years.  I'm so excited about it!  I think it will be such a great visual reminder of how much he is loved...and as I always tell him, LIKED too. : )

Jonah, we adore you.  We love you, and we really like you!  It's been so fun to get to know you!  You are so full of personality and though I can sometimes see glimpses of your Papa and me in some of your behaviors, you are so strongly truly very YOU!  And that makes it so exciting to continue to see you learn and grow.  You are an awesome, fun, and fresh addition to our family.

You ROCK little buddy!  Keep it up!


This post brought to you by a real, long afternoon nap. 
#sleeptraininglikeaboss
#imhardcore
#thankyouverymuch

No comments:

Post a Comment