Monday, January 6, 2014

We did it!

First day back to work.  Jonah did great and I survived!!  It was great to see my students again.  They are simply good fun people!!

I have always enjoyed being young and teaching high school because I've felt it's given me an edge on the connecting-with-your-kids factor.  In fact, until this year's freshmen crop (I believe) I've even been in the same Millennial generation as my students!  But I've also always known that was a temporary advantage.  Because no matter how hard I try, I get older every day.  And nothing ages you more than going through a stage of life.  I'd certainly call having a baby a qualifier for a stage of life.  

I was reminded of this defeat against time  when I told my students I'd just be teaching two classes each afternoon and they thought that was so cool because I could sleep in all morning.  I laughed and explained that's not exactly life with a baby.  

They just thought aloud, oh, well at least your baby can sleep in. 

#Neverfeltolder


2 comments: