Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Where the Wild Things Went

Jonah and I camped and kayaked on the Guadalupe this weekend thanks to kind friends extending an invite and more kind friends loaning us gear!  My little camper did so well!!!  I can't believe it!  We had SO much fun hiking, kayaking, setting up camp, making s'mores, playing football with big boys, and sweating our ever loving souls right out of our bodies.  The best part (besides all the tender "Hi Momma" moments) was waking up to trees and birds.  I quote Jonah upon waking: "Twees?  Biwds?"  It made my heart so happy.



These were the days I dreamt of when I opened that blue cupcake two years ago.  As much fun as we had, he was thrilled to be back at preschool this morning and ran to his teacher!  
And so we move from bouquets of wild flowers to bouquets of sharpened pencils...ahhhh.  Both so sweet!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment